Demonstrating continued competence in maintenance, reliability and physical asset management through a variety of professional development activities is required to maintain your certifications. Over a three (3) year period, CMRPs and CMRTs are required to accumulate at least 50 contact hours from at least two (2) out of a possible 12 activities. Detailed information can be found in the CMRP Candidate Guide for Certification and Recertification and the CMRT Candidate Guide for Certification and Recertification.
**Recertifications that are submitted and paid for, are processed once a month after the last day of the month. The Recertification Applications are verified, certificates and letters created and then uploaded to the certificant's profile by the 15th of the next month. An email is sent with the instructions of how to access the documents.
If you are unable to fulfill the eligibility or recertification requirements of your CMRP or CMRT, you may request to voluntarily surrender your certification. To do so, complete the SMRPCO Certification Surrender Form.
- You must complete the entire online application in one session. You will not be able to save the application and return to it later.
- There is a 40 minute time limit on the recertification application. We recommend that you have all your documentation ready before you begin the application.
- **Supporting documentation must be 2000 KB or less to be accepted for upload.
- Do not enter a 'space' after the number of hours are entered or the system will give an error message.
- All fees must be paid prior to receiving your new certificate; this includes payments made by check, wire transfer or purchase order.
- You will receive an immediate confirmation after you submit your application.
- Please login to your profile to ensure your contact information is updated. Failure to do so may result in failure to receive a new certificate.
Recertification Fee Schedule
- SMRP Members: $150.00 (USD)
- Sustaining Sponsor Organization Employees & U.S. Veterans (Certification Only): $100.00 (USD)
- Sustaining Sponsor Organization Employees & U.S. Veterans (includes 1-year SMRP membership): $270.00 (USD)
- Nonmembers (includes 1-year SMRP membership): $320.00 (USD)
- Nonmembers (No membership included): $320.00 (USD)
You may recertify by completing a paper application or online.
To recertify online, please select the appropriate online application below:
To download a paper application:
NOTE: This form may be emailed, faxed or mailed to our office.
Please contact SMRPCO at firstname.lastname@example.org or (216) 241-7333 if you need assistance.