SMRP offers a variety of ways for students to get involved with the society, whether it be to further their education, begin their career or make long-lasting relationships with established members and companies. SMRP encourages students to take advantage of on-demand webinars (free for students), the annual scholarship program and discounted membership for students enrolled in relevant programs or course work.
Student Discount Webinars
Accelerate your education and gain an edge when looking toward your professional career by learning directly from maintenance, reliability and physical asset management leaders with the following on-demnad webinars, available for free to students using the code FREE-STU:
- Pillar 1: Steve O’Brien – Overview of Asset Lifecycle Management
- Pillar 2: Paul Cronin – Manufacturing Process Reliability is an Integral Part of Your Business
- Pillar 3: Rick Overman – Reliability Centered Asset Management
- Pillar 4: Rob Bishop – Fostering Leadership in Non-Management Roles
- Pillar 5: Doc Palmer & Clinton Davis – Maintenance Planning & Scheduling Overview: Results at Gwinnett City DWR
Individuals enrolled in a rigorous course of study, educational institution or training program applying to the maintenance and reliability function may join SMRP for a reduced membership rate. Students gain access to SMRP’s membership directory, job board and educational resources that include metrics, webinars and further discounts on SMRP events. Students can receive a one year membership for $25.
SMRP Scholarship Program
SMRP offers five (5) scholarship opportunities worth up to $10,000 for the 2019 – 2020 academic year. Rising juniors, seniors and graduate students are eligible for scholarship consideration. Applications are now open until May 30, 2019, scholarships will be awarded in August.
- SMRP Legacy of Excellence Scholarship - $10,000
- SMRPCO Dorothy and Jack Nicholas Scholarship - $2,000
- SMRP Scholarship - $2,000
- SMRP Higher Standards Scholarship - $2,000 each