How to Arrange a CMRP or CMRT Exam
Examinations may be conducted at an organization’s facility or at locations in conjunction with conferences and exhibits with themes related to the Maintenance and Reliability (M & R) Body of Knowledge. For conference related exams, event sponsors will be asked to provide complimentary exhibit space in the conference registration area or in an associated exhibit area for a “tabletop” display of SMRP and SMRPCO literature and other materials.
Scheduling an Exam: Requests for venues, including venues used previously, should be submitted at least six (6) weeks in advance of the actual exam date scheduled so that preparations for identifying a proctor(s)*, assembling and shipping exams and registering the majority of candidates may proceed in an orderly fashion. *SMRP can assist with identifying a proctor.
Room Requirements: Sponsors of events where certification exams are to be held are responsible for securing the room in which the exam is to be conducted. The room must meet the exam room set-up requirements. Click here to view the exam room requirements.
Arranging for a Proctor: The organization conducting the exam is responsible for any related proctor expenses.
Number of Candidates: The ideal ratio of candidates sitting for an exam to proctors present to support it is about 20 to 1.
*Note: an exam cannot be scheduled until all of the above requirements have been fulfilled. *
Procedures for Arranging an Exam
- Contact Information: Name, E-mail address, Telephone number(s)
- Expected number of candidates to sit for the exam
- Exam date, time and location
- Open to the public or closed exam (If the exam is open the public, the information will be posted on the Paper Exam Calendar on the SMRP website)
- Name of approved proctor or if you need assistance in finding an approved proctor. Click here for more information on who is approved to be a proctor. ***Please note that an approved proctor must be established before an exam can be scheduled or promoted on the SMRP web-site.